Springtide Ambassadors Program
Springtide Ambassadors Program (SAP) participants directly shape the research efforts and nationwide community engagement of Springtide Research Institute. Through group collaboration and personal reflection, SAP members have a 15-month commitment with a steady, online cohort.
- Firsthand experience with a national nonprofit organization committed to listening to and amplifying the experiences and perspectives of young people.
- Participation in a diverse, highly collaborative group with youth and young adults representing different backgrounds, identities, and regions of the United States.
- Learning within a group of people who share a commitment to building interfaith cooperation and growing a practice of empathy by understanding your own story and community in light of the stories of fellow members and their respective communities.
- Sharing your perspective and voice—with the possibility of contributing to projects including podcasts, blogs, social media, research publications, and more.
- Developing and honing your communication and leadership skills through individual and group coaching including writing, public speaking, being interviewed by media, and building connections across lines of difference.
- The opportunity for bylines, publication, production, or authorship credit across a variety of Springtide resources.
- The opportunity to highlight your participation on resumes and higher education/scholarship applications, including our SAP Coordinator writing a recommendation letter or serving as a reference for any job searches.
- Anyone currently living in the USA or US-territories who will be between the ages of 13 and 23 on January 1, 2023 is welcome and encouraged to submit an online SAP application.
- While being a member of our Springtide Ambassador Program is not a significant time commitment, we do require participants to attend monthly meetings and remain engaged with the work we’re doing throughout the 15-month commitment.
- The 2023 cohort will meet from January 2023 – March 2024 (15 months total) on the second Thursday of the month for 90 minutes total from 8:00pm – 9:30pm EST / 7:00pm – 8:30pm CST / 6:00pm – 7:30pm MST / 5:00pm – 6:30pm PST.
- Participants are required to attend a minimum of 12 of the 15 monthly sessions (3 absences with prior notification sent to SAP Coordinator) and regularly use the monthly journaling prompts to organize their ideas and questions.
- There will be a different opportunity each month to opt into a project (sometimes individual and sometimes group-based with fellow SAP members) including cowriting an introduction to a book or research publication, social media takeovers and posts, writing blog posts, podcast recordings, product reviews, online speaking engagements, media interviews, and more. Participants are expected to participate in a minimum of 4 different SAP projects over the course of their 15-month commitment.
- Each month there is a new 15-minute assignment that all SAP members are asked to complete (separate from the project opportunities described above). Assignments may include completing a survey, answering a prompt via email, or participating in a social media initiative and truly shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes of your time.
- Although this is an unpaid volunteer role, SAP participants may complete the program for individual community service/volunteer hours, and Springtide can provide confirmation of those hours if needed.
- Springtide is also happy to offer guidance on how SAP participants can list this experience on resumes or higher education applications in addition to serving as a reference for job applications or in writing recommendation letters for scholarships, continuing education opportunities, etc.
- Sunday December 4: Deadline to Submit Online Applications by 11:59pm PST.
- Monday, December 5 – Tuesday, December 6: All applications are reviewed.
- Wednesday, December 7: Applicants are contacted via email regarding their acceptance status.
- Sunday, December 11: All signed SAP participation agreements and individual photos from accepted applicants must be received by 11:59pm PST.
- Tuesday, December 13: 2023 SAP cohort is finalized.
- Thursday, January 12, 2023: First Monthly Meeting via Zoom at 8pm EST / 5pm PST!
SAP applicants are primarily evaluated by their short-answer responses, and, if needed, through a follow-up phone interview.
If selected to participate, the next step of the process will be to submit a personal photo of just you to be used on our website and Springtide social media (a personal headshot or one taken on your phone with outdoor lighting is ideal, with someone else taking the photo of you, rather than a selfie or cropped image). You can prepare that now if you don’t already have this type of image of yourself.
Apply to be a 2023 Springtide Ambassador:
The information submitted by you will be used solely for the purpose of selecting Springtide Ambassadors and will not be shared with any other party. If you are not selected, all information submitted by you will be deleted from our records. If you are selected, your information will be retained and used as outlined in the Springtide Ambassador Terms for Appointment which will be provided to you with notice of your selection.
If you decide after submitting your application that you do not wish to be considered for selection as a Springtide Ambassador, you may withdraw your application by sending a notice of withdrawal to us at email@example.com. Upon receipt of your notice to withdraw your application, all information submitted by you will be deleted from our records.
For any questions regarding the Springtide Ambassadors Program application process, 15-month commitment, or participant expectations, please email our Head of Community Engagement, Marte, at: firstname.lastname@example.org